Pyramid Systems is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer that verifies that applications are fully tested before production release, and that they conform to user requirements and established guidelines. This program is based out of Washington, DC next to Union Station.
• Develops and executes test plans and strategies to meet the targeted quality standards for Software Applications.
• Documents and communicates identified defects.
• Reports on the progress and completion of all quality assurance tasks on assigned projects.
• Supports and facilitates User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Reviews requirements to ensure that they are complete and testable.
• Writes documentation as necessary to support the software development lifecycle requirements.
• Minimum three (3) years of quality assurance experience required; may substitute related job qualifications such as production/customer support or business analyst experience.
• Experience in developing Test Strategies and Master Test Plans for Releases.
• Proficient in executing software test plans and documenting results to evaluate applications.
• Specific emphasis on experience translating user stories to test cases.
• Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
• Collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans.
• Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, while contributing to an environment focused on cooperation, collaboration, and conflict resolution.
• Must be able to maintain HIGH level of ownership of tasks and deliver without much supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Good English language communication skills (written and oral).
• Automated testing experience is not required but desired.
• College Degree in Computer Science, Information Management System or related field, and/or specialized training beyond high school.